1. You're not motivated AKA you’re lazy! You need to take action and put in some effort if you want to make money online. You can't just create your blog, post some ads on it and leave it alone. You need to promote it and keep on adding content to get interested people coming to your site every day! Motivate yourself! Don't you want nice things? Don't you want money in your pockets? Don't you want to be able to do anything and go anywhere you want, whenever you want to? Use those ideas to motivate yourself and get up off your lazy behind. Do something about it! Successful business owners online did it and so can you!
2. Your blog topic may be targeting the wrong audience. Look to my previous post for more information: Why Haven’t I Made Any Money Online Yet?
3. You need more than one source of income. Putting up Google AdSense ads and hoping that people will come to your site and click on them isn't enough income to begin with. You not only need to advertise but you need to sell something as well. If you're going to sell something why not become an affiliate marketer? Just make sure you're joining the right Affiliate Marketing Program and not falling for some type of scam out there. You could also create your own product and sell that as well as put up CPC ads. (CPC ads are good ways for you to make money, letting other companies advertise on your website.)
4. You keep buying those money making systems aka e-books that claim they can make you tons of money over night. Making a thousand dollars in just one night is possible; however, it's not going to happen to you right away. All of the e-books you buy have one thing in common; they all give you common sense methods on how to make money online, how to promote your blog and how to maximize your audience to the fullest. You can find this information anywhere on the internet for free. Buying an e-book about how to make money online is a scam, people! Like I said to my co-worker/ business mentor; "If you're buying something you could have found for free somewhere else, you're being scammed!" It's true that the e-book methods work, but just knowing how to make the money isn't going to make you the money. As I said before, you have to take action!
5. You can’t expect to make BIG money without spending a little. You’re going to come across a time in which you'll need to pay for a couple site promotion expenses. For example, your site may need a new layout, a different style to attract more visitors; you may have to hire someone to make that happen. If you're a site programmer and you know how to do that stuff than great for you! You won’t have to spend any money on that sort of thing. But most serious business owners will spend some money in order to make more money. It's like investing in something that will benefit you in the future and there is nothing wrong with that. Even the people who claim that they've been making money without spending money have actually spent money. Have you ever heard of the phrase "Time Is Money"? The people that made money without spending money invested their time which is money! To simplify it folks, you can't expect to make money online if you're not spending time or money.
7. You're closed minded and you won’t open up to new ideas. This was what my problem was. I was so skeptical about everything around me, every e-mail I opened, every advertisement that popped up on my screen. I was always on the lookout for scams, so much that I even thought the legitimate stuff was a scam. I would come up with ideas in my head that could possibly prove the legitimate stuff was a scam. When I realized this, I tried to change my mind set to think a little bit more positive. I've opened my mind to the idea that I need to sell in order to make money. So now I'm formulating some new ideas for a product that doesn't repeat the ideas of someone else.
Be more creative, keep an open mind, make an effort, have patience and get motivated! Keep these five things in mind when trying to make money with your own blog. Happy Blogging!